0

strange fire

Posted by prez! on 1:49 AM

A couple of days back I was reading the book of Leveticus, and the spirit of God drew my attention to Lev 10:1. That verse talks about how Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron offered strange fire before the Lord and God struck them down for it. I didn't get it until the Holy Spirit made it plain.
Previously God had told them how they were to fire up the temple so as not offer strange fire but Aaron's sons did exactly what they weren't told to, they offered strange fire.
Thinking of it, we can see that the fire they offered was in the service of God but God still killed them, couldn't God have overlooked their offence seeing as it was His work they were trying to do? Apparently not.
God is spirit and worshiping Him must be done in truth and in spirit (john 4:24) and doing it in truth and spirit means your heart is right with God and you have the spirit of God in you. Any service to God when your heart's not right with him is strange fire. Nadab and Abihu knew the law but chose to disobey, their heart was set on disobedience already before they offered the strange fire.
You might be on 'fire' for God, preaching powerful messages, singing in the choir, a prayer warrior or maybe it's just chairs you clean, As long as you've chosen to do any service in God's house it must be done with a right heart. God might not strike you down like he did Aaron's sons because of the grace we have through Christ, but he's sure going to punish you because whether directly or indirectly your strange fire will affect how other people's sacrifice will be accepted.
It is the heart God tries, physical approval by your friends or even your pastor means nothing to God but His approval means everything to you.
There are times in each our lives that we tried to do God's work without the spirit of God or a heart that's right with God, these are times we've offered strange fire but thank God for the grace of God through Christ his son, because that's the only reason we're not consumed. So then do we now continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! (1samuel 15:22, luke 16:15, psalm 95:8-11)

#Prayer Heavenly father I'm very sorry for what I have done and what I am doing. I know I have offered strange fire and I ask that you forgive me, I threw myself at your mercy and plead that you do not hide your face from me. henceforth I'm gonna make certain I'm standing right with you before doing service in your house. Thank you father. in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

please share this article and leave your name under your comment. Thank you

Copyright © 2009 Memoirs of A Meandering Mind... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.